I am having issues that I am not sure it is replicable

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited March 2017 in iOS

If I am outside of a wifi zone, it appears that I cannot delete logins from my iOS device as well as if I am within a wifi zone.

It doesn't make sense that I cannot do the deletion. I thought that 1Password.com and Dropbox data is local once it is in the phone?

At times I only have 3G/4G.

1Password Version: 1Password v6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Can you elaborate more on what's happening? I have pretty unreliable internet lately, ending up offline more often than I'd like to remember, but I haven't had any trouble making changes to my data offline and having it sync once I'm connected again.

One thing to keep in mind though is that 1Password for iOS cannot really sync when it isn't running. So if you make a change there when you're offline and then leave the app, it can't sync everything once you're connected again until you open it. Does that describe what you're seeing?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't experienced what was described lately. I will attempt to screen capture next time. I should have done one prior to the discussion but forgot.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Take care not to capture anything sensitive, but yeah any details you can provide will be appreciated. I think I may be in a unique position to test this. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Did the Safari extension support login deletion. I thought it did and now it doesn't? I will try disabling and reenabling it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: If you select Edit when viewing an item's details in the 1Password Safari extension, you can select Move to Trash at the bottom of the window.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

@brenty,

I thought so, but I am not seeing Move to Trash at the bottom in the Edit login. Move to Trash is missing from 1Password in Mobile Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah, sorry. Since you said "Safari extension", I thought you were talking about the Mac version now. That has a Move to Trash option at the bottom when editing. The 1Password iOS extension can be used with Safari, but it's system-wide. And there isn't a way to move items to the Trash. There is no Trash at all in the mobile app, so when using Edit in the main app you'll only have the option to Delete at the bottom.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @brenty

There is no Delete either. No way as far as I can tell to remove unwanted logins via Mobile Safari, which I thought was odd. Not from Primary Vault or 1Password.com Vaults.

I do see Delete in 1Password 6.5.3.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017
    Options

Indeed, as I mentioned, you'll only have this option when using Edit in the main app. And as you pointed out, this isn't available in the 1Password iOS extension at all. I'm not sure it's come up before, but perhaps we can add that in a future version. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.