Disable keyboard shortcut

Options
tommyent
tommyent
Community Member

control + option + command is showing the password for me. Unfortunately control + option + command + M is how Sizeup puts apps into full screen.

All I see is shortcuts for lock 1Password, Show Mini and Fill current

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommyent,

Thanks for reporting this.

control + option + command is showing the password for me.

When the main 1Password app is active, pressing the Option key will temporarily reveal all passwords in the item details (as mentioned in keyboard shortcuts). It can happen even when other modifier keys are also pressed at the same time – Control and Command in your case – and this behavior can't be disabled/changed with 1Password.

Unfortunately control + option + command + M is how Sizeup puts apps into full screen.

A workaround would be to change the Make Window Full Screen shortcut in SizeUp to something that excludes Option, e.g. Control-Option-M.

I know it can be undesirable when passwords are temporarily revealed like this and have passed along your comments to our developers.

ref: OPM-1506

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I've been using Sizeup for a long time and that habit would take some time to break. This is usually not an issue since I mainly use mini but I've accumulated over 2000 passwords and decided it was time to clean it up. So in the process of deleting old accounts, updating passwords, etc I've been shifting apps left, right, up and down to try and crank through them. 8 hours in the middle of the night I'm pretty much done. Maybe another 100 or 200 out of the 960 will go so I can suck it up and deal with it :)

Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for the feedback. And good luck with the spring cleaning! :)

This discussion has been closed.