To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to add a folder?

Options
emilio23
emilio23
Community Member

I've just signed up as an individual user, using 1 vault. I imported over 600 items from KeepassX.

Now I would like to organize this pile a bit, ideally using folders. Problem is that I don't see any way to add a folder. How and where can I do that?

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:folders

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @emilio23 - Great question! I would recommend organizing your data into vault. You can create as many vaults as needed. I tend to think of vaults as file cabinets, I created a "work" vault then added everything work related there. So when I'm working, I can just keep the work vault open and access all my data from there. Folders is no longer supported with our 1Password.com accounts. In addition to creating multiple vaults to organize your data, you can also create Tags which make it super easy to locate anything within 1Password. If you add a work tag to several items, when you search "work" 1Password will locate everything with the "work" related tag.

I hope this helps a little more and keep us posted if you have any additional questions :+1: Enjoy the rest of your day!

• emilio23
    emilio23
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Will use tags to organise.

Do you offer some sort of bulk edit feature?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @emilio23 - You're welcome. Are you trying to edit multiple items at the same time? If so, no we don't have a feature where you can edit multiple items at the same time. It's a great suggestion :+1:

Keep me posted if you have any any additional questions, I'll do my best to help out.

This discussion has been closed.