Transfer passwords from iPod Touch to new iPad

How can I move all of my passwords in 1Password from my iPod to my new iPad. I don't want to copy paste each individually or retype them in. Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2011
    Hi nrehme, welcome to the forums!

You can do this by backing up the 1Password data on the iPod and then restore it on the iPad. There are other methods you can use such as syncing with Dropbox to sync your 1Password data between both iOS devices.

I'd recommend using Dropbox to sync your data as it means the information will be updated at virtually the same time on both devices. If you choose to use Dropbox, you'd need to use 1Password on your computer to do this but you do not have to purchase a license for it, the trial version at our website is enough to set it up and then you can remove it if you don't want to keep using it. The trial version will downgrade to a free 20-item version of 1Password after 30 days.
  • Thanks for the help. I've liked the app. Just one more question about security. I assume there are threads that discuss the data being encrypted the moment it leaves my computer and cannot be read from your servers.
  • MikeT
    edited August 2011
    Hi Nrehme,

Yes, there are. We have written a collection of security guides that you can find at our user guide. I'm not sure which security information you're interested in.

First, your private user data is always stored in an encrypted form, even on your computer while you're using the 1Password app. The data are decrypted one at a time in your memory but never stored on your drives or mobile devices. All communications and transfers are done over a secure channel.

For more information about the sync security, please read our guide here or this one.

If you have questions that are not answered by those guides, let us know!
  • Sorry, but I'm struggling. Can you help further. I downloaded both Dropbox and 1Password for Windows and installed. Struggled to get the file from my browser either on ipad or Windows Explorer, but got it to work once. Saved the backup file and used Dropbox. It is on iPad now. Can't figure out how to restore from ipad backup/restore. No option to restore. Can you provide more step by step for using Dropbox. THx!
  • I need to restore my iPod backup file that was saved and placed on my Windows harddrive. It has the extension of "1ptbackup." However, the restore feature in the desktop 1Password does not recognize the backup file. I'm having trouble getting my iPod data into the PC program which is now syncing with my new iPad. If I get the data into the PC, it will sync to my iPad. Any ideas?
  • Didn't figure out this issue, but solved my transfer of iPod data to iPad via Dropbox. I also had to sync my iPod through Dropbox. Thanks
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    Backups cannot be restored between iOS and Windows, but that is where Dropbox syncing comes in. :wink:

Simply install Dropbox for Windows, then click the "Move to Dropbox" button in 1Password for Windows' preferences. Wait for syncing to finish and then open 1Password on your iOS device and tap "Settings", then "Sync" and enable Dropbox by switching it ON.

You will be prompted for your Dropbox credentials and then syncing will begin once they are entered correctly.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with.
This discussion has been closed.