How do we change name of mom's personal vault?

sneder
sneder
Community Member

I have a families account. I added my mom to our 1PW Families plan. She is remarried so she has a different last name than me. When she uses the chrome extension to save a password her choice is "Personal - My Name" and 'Shared - My name" instead of "Personal - Her Name." This is confusing as it looks like she is saving her passwords to my vault instead of a vault in her name. We checked and the passwords are saving correctly to her personal vault and not mine. How do change the name of her personal vault to her last name and not mine? I read the documentation and it says we can't change her personal vault name but that doesn't make sense. Thanks in advance for the help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @sneder! Sorry for the confusion. The name shown after the vault is the family account name. You can change that to something that works for both of you if you'd like, but it can't be set independently based on family members. To change the family name, sign in to your account on 1Password.com in a browser, then click your current family name in the top right and click Family Settings. Click the pencil icon and enter a new name, then save it and you're all set. Hope that helps! :)

• sneder
    sneder
    Community Member

Thanks. Just to clarify, I used my last name when I registered for a families account. I can change that to something generic like family.1password.com? That would help my mom from getting confused seeing my last name instead of her name on the "personal-name" choice when she saves a new password.

• @sneder Indeed, you can change the sign-in address to whatever you'd like, but the family name is what you need to change in this case. Your sign-in address is separate from your family name. Click the pencil icon beside your family name to change that, not the one next to sign-in-address.1password.com on your Family Settings page. You can make that family name generic if you'd like :)

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member

We just went through this and what I did was I hid her personal vault everywhere and made a new vault in her name, then shared it with my wife and I, so we can always have access to that data.

• Hi @sriggins - Thank you for sharing your use case with us and sneder. That's definitely a good idea if you want to have more control over the data that is added to the vault. Enjoy the rest of your day :smile:

This discussion has been closed.