Firefox 6 extension install does not work

I have tried many, many times to do this install as suggested by AB with no success. After restarting Firefox there is no 1PW toolbar, and the extensions page in Firefox shows the message that 1PW 3.8.1 is recognized and there is a compatibility problem. . I have 1PW, v 3.8.2 installed. What is the problem????

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, RayJG. I'm sorry that you are having this trouble. Could you tell me what version of OS X you are using?

The first thing I would do would be to remove any and all 1Password extensions from Firefox. The current version is compatible with Firefox 6, but older versions of the extension would be listed as incompatible if they were still present.

Once you have confirmed that there are no 1Password extensions in Firefox, restart Firefox, and then install the latest version of the extension.

There is no longer a separate 1Password toolbar in Firefox, but you should be able to use the 1P button in the toolbar to access all of the same functionality. We have a guide which explains where your favorite features are located in the new interface which might help to get you going.

You may need to drag the 1P button to the toolbar (View > Toolbars > Customize). Also check the far right side of the toolbar as well. Firefox seems to like to put the button over on that end lately. :-)

If you are still having trouble, could you post a screenshot of the compatibility issue?
This discussion has been closed.