1Password Extension not filling anything other then Passwords/Logins

Options

Hey there,
since switching back from a Mac to a new Windows machine and using 1password v4 for windows, I could never get the 1P extension working properly for me. Regardless of the browser (tested firefox and chrome), the extension does fill all my passwords but does not fill other information (like credit cards).

BTW: Is there any chance the "look and feel" of v4 will ever get close to the version I was used to have on my Mac (when not switching to the monthly-billing-plan)?

Best regards,
Tobi

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: None

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Segi,

Can you try performing a quick test for me please. What I would like you to do is edit each Credit Card or Identity item in your vault and simply add a single character to the note field. Save this change and afterwards you can even edit it again and remove that character, the important part is to force 1Password to save the item to disk. There is certain information that 1Password for Mac generates dynamically that 1Password 4 for Windows generates during saving and this is likely the cause of the issue you're seeing. If I'm correct you'll find the Credit Card and Identity items fill after this. Do say if this isn't the case.

• Segi
    Segi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

thank you very much for your reply- that solved my problem entirely (as far as I have tested it on one site). Thank you very much. Any chance 1P4 will ever get the look and feel of 1P6 for Win/Mac?

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Segi,

I'm glad littlebobbytables was able to help solve the problem. I'm afraid 1Password for Windows 4 is no longer being actively developed on the Windows side as we're placing all our focus there on improving 1Password for Windows 6. Version 4 will be getting updates only if there are critical issues with it.

I hope that helps. If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.