Differentiating between Pre-Account and 1Password.com Vaults

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I have had a need to differentiate between Pre Account (Dropbox, OneDrive) and Subscription vaults as, if I have multiple vaults then there will be duplicates and any changes will go to 1Password.com first now.

It isn't easy to distinguish the data at this point. I do have a mix of local and subscription vaults that I intend to keep. I hope Security Audit will come to 1Password.com sooner rather than later.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I find it's helpful to give vaults different names, but yeah depending on how you have things setup it can certainly be confusing. It helps to have the account icons to distinguish between multiple Personal vaults for different accounts. And we definitely want to get Security Audit in 1Password.com if we can — though that won't help with local vaults.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi

My 1Password icons are in all the default colours. I haven't bothered to change them.

I would also like to know how to set the Master Password to follow by default. 1Password currently uses the AgileKeychain as the Master Password. but I have 1Password.com which is being ignored.

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem

If you added a 1Password.com account after creating a local vault, the app will continue using the old master password rather than the one used to protect your 1Password account. If you want to update the app master password, you can always change it ;)

• Neil_Hines
    Neil_Hines
    Community Member
    Options

If you want to know the best review about 1Password this source will help you: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/1password,review-3765.html

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.