I'm curious how best to set up levels of access in a shared vault. Will I need multiple vaults?

I'd like to set up a shared vault in which certain members have more/different access and viewing capability than others. (ie. Only the office administrator and CEO would have access to stored credit cards and financial logins, whereas other team members can access shared site logins with some team members having the access to add and edit). I'm hoping I can just have one shared vault with various privileges rather than setting up multiple vaults for groups of people. Please let me know how best to arrange before I set up our office.

Thanks!
N

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:do i need multiple vaults?

Comments

• Hi @Nschroeder - Great question! I appreciate the additional details and use case. Yes, I believe you will need to create multiple vaults. There is no way to restrict team members from only being able to access certain items within a vault. The permissions are based on the vault level. With our 1Password Teams Pro Plan, you can create custom groups that mirror how your team is currently set up then just add a Shared vault to each group for them to access.

By default only Owners of the account have access to the billing menu. You could create a custom group called "Accounting" then add the CEO and the office admin to that specific group. Then you just have to click on the "manage permissions" section to give that specific group access to the billing menu.

I hope this helped a bit and let us know if you have any additional questions.

• Nschroeder
    Nschroeder
    Community Member

Thanks. When you say "billing menu" specifically which categories are these?

• Nschroeder
    Nschroeder
    Community Member

Also, how can I rename a shared vault?

• Frank
    edited March 2017

Hi @Nschroeder - Thanks for the quick reply back.

When you say "billing menu" specifically which categories are these?

When you log into the account then click on the account name in the upper right hand side > Select 'billing' from the drop down menu.

Only the Owner of the account has access to the billing page. With 1Password Teams Pro, you can create a custom group and give that specific group the ability to 'manage billing'.

Also, how can I rename a shared vault?

When you're logged into the account via the web, on the main landing page, click on the pencil icon to change the name of the vault.

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll be happy to help out :+1:

This discussion has been closed.