Potential new client . . . with questions

LeeAsk
LeeAsk
Community Member

Hi 1Password Team,
I thinking of using your service either for just myself or for my family (not sure yet which). It sounds wonderful and I've spent quite a bit of time looking around your website. It's very informative but I still have some questions . . .
1. If for family, does only one person have the "main" password and then each user has kind of a "sub" password for him/herself? Or does each user have the "main" password?
2. I'm a little confused about the features that are call "Pro". Are they included for all users whether an individual or family account?
3. Where are you folks located? Seems like Canada, but I'm not sure.
4. Do you have a "Chat" option or is this questioning method I'm now using your version of a Chat?
Guess that's it for the moment. Thanks for your attention.
Lee

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Potential new client . . . with questions

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@LeeAsk: Wow. Thanks for reaching out! Great questions. :)

Hi 1Password Team, I thinking of using your service either for just myself or for my family (not sure yet which). It sounds wonderful and I've spent quite a bit of time looking around your website. It's very informative but I still have some questions . . .

I know you haven't technically asked a question yet, but I just wanted to jump in here to say that there's an easy path for just this situation: you can sign up for a free trial of an individual account, and simply go to "Invite People" in your account settings later if you decide you want to add your family. ;)

1) If for family, does only one person have the "main" password and then each user has kind of a "sub" password for him/herself? Or does each user have the "main" password?

Not quite. Each family member will have their own account which is part of your 1Password Families plan, with their own unique Master Password, Secret Key, and Private vault. The only difference is that you as the Organizer have special privileges like managing members and shared vaults and, uh...paying the bill. :lol:

2) I'm a little confused about the features that are call "Pro". Are they included for all users whether an individual or family account?

Confusingly, there are two "Pro" things. The mobile apps have Pro features which are unlocked with your subscription. There is also a 1Password Teams Pro plan, but that's really more appropriate for companies that need really granular access controls for their employees. :glasses:

3) Where are you folks located? Seems like Canada, but I'm not sure.

Kind of yes and no. AgileBits was founded in Canada and is based in Toronto. There's a large contingent there in the main office, but the rest of us are spread all over the place. :pirate:

4) Do you have a "Chat" option or is this questioning method I'm now using your version of a Chat?

We don't have a "live chat", but this support forum is pretty close typically. Not real time, but we're here around the clock so typically we can respond fairly quickly. :sunglasses:

Guess that's it for the moment. Thanks for your attention.
    Lee

Likewise, thanks for your interest in 1Password! I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

• LeeAsk
    LeeAsk
    Community Member

Thank you so much for your quick response, Brenty. With a response like this, who needs Live Chat! :)
    In your initial suggestion, does "Invite People" mean that I would be converting my account to a Family account at that point?
    Thanks again for humoring the newby. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LeeAsk: Exactly. I didn't want to say "convert" though because that sounds complicated. Technically it sort of is behind the scenes to move from an individual account to 1Password Families, but for you it's just a few clicks. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that helped. Looking forward to any other questions you can think of! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.