What the what? Master Password no longer accepted after Mac OS and 1Password updates!?!?!

Options
zam36
zam36
Community Member

MacBook Pro updated to 10.12.4 last night. Prior to update, I was able to unlock 1Password without issue. After update no worky. Realized that 1Password had an update and given the fact that this issue apparently occurred with the iOS version two weeks ago, I updated 1Password to 6.6.4 hoping it would fix the problem. No such luck. Can anyone help or should I dump 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.6.4 (664002)
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• zam36
    zam36
    Community Member
    Options

Okay no clue what happened but today I am able to unlock 1Password. Something is definitely buggy! I don't have 1Password on multiple devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zam36: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password doesn't actually store your Master Password, so there only a few ways a Master Password won't unlock the vault:

• The data stored on your device is damaged — the Master Password is used to encrypt the data, so if the data is corrupt it won't be able to be decrypted with it anymore.
    • You changed it — this one is similar to the first in that encrypting with a different Master Password modifies the vault itself.
    • Incorrect input — this can mean a typo on your part, or some issue with the hardware/software that prevents it from being entered correctly.

The last one seems to most likely since you'd probably know if you'd changed it, and it would be unlikely for it to revert or for the data to heal itself in the other case. Either way, I'm glad to hear that you were able to unlock again. Be sure to backup your data, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you encounter any other issues. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.