To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Suggestion: Keep settings in sync

Options
GoldenMustache
GoldenMustache
Community Member

I understand that depending on your devices you may like different settings on each but it would great if we could have the option to keep them in sync across devices

Comments

• GoldenMustache
    GoldenMustache
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe like a 1Password.com only perk vs. those who sync via iCloud or Dropbox, its small but nice for those of us who pay for a subscription

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GoldenMustache: It's an idea we've tossed around, but as it stands there are significant enough differences between versions that it really isn't feasible. Many settings simply don't apply to every app. There's some of this since logins can have specific options saved for them which carry over to other computers, but these really only apply to the desktop versions' browser extensions and can't be used at all with mobile browsers (autosubmit, display in browser, etc.) However, we're working to make things more consistent in general between platforms, and especially as the mobile apps become more powerful perhaps this will become more feasible in the future. What settings in particular did you have in mind?

• GoldenMustache
    GoldenMustache
    Community Member
    Options

Conceal Passwords and Watchtower.

I understand what you're saying and appreciate the response.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GoldenMustache: Likewise, thanks for bringing this up! It definitely helps to know specifically what you had in mind. Conceal Passwords is enabled by default, so I'm guessing you meant that you'd like toggling this setting to sync between devices. Syncing Watchtower data sounds interesting. We have some work to do to get this feature everywhere yet, but once we do I don't think there should really be a need to sync it. Watchtower just downloads the same database (we don't want to know which sites you use) to each device and compares it to your logins, to see if you have some you need to update. So once you do change a password, for example, your login with sync between devices, and Watchtower will see that it's already been updated. That said, there are plenty of other possibilities for building on Watchtower in the future, so perhaps syncing could become very important. :)

• GoldenMustache
    GoldenMustache
    Community Member
    Options

I understand that it's concealed by default for prying eyes but I value more knowing if I have a crappy password so I feel guilty every time I look at it and it prompts me to change it.

• Frank
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @GoldenMustache - I don't want you to feel guilty but I understand where you're coming from :wink: As @brenty mentioned, it's definitely an interesting idea to sync Watchtower data across devices. Thank you again for taking the time to send us over your suggestions and detailed feedback. Perhaps it's something we can implement in the future :smile:

This discussion has been closed.