Duo and 1Password integration issues.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Time difference aside, I hope to resolve the problem soon via a web session with Duo.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

This may or may not be relevant to you, but I am in contact with Duo Support for the same issue. If Agilebits can't resolve your issue then contacting Duo directly may be your best hope of resolving the problem.

Good luck!

• That's great news wkleem, let us know how it was resolved by Duo. I'm happy to hear they reached out to you :smile:

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Entire Team Locked Out: "The server's time may be out of sync".
  • Hi wkleem, I spilt and merged your comment into this thread. The other customer's issue is unrelated to your experience with Duo. Sorry, I know you were just trying to help out. I hope you don't mind :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

I don't mind at all. My comments went missing in the shuffle though.

Never mind, I found my comment but now cannot delete this comment after posting it.

• It's ok wkleem you can leave the comment there, no worries :wink: I hope you have a great weekend!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thank you for your suggestion! I've emailed Duo and will wait for their reply on the wait time duration.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Let us know how it turns out!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: You're welcome! I always have trouble finding the right words to explain all of that, but if you found it helpful perhaps the practice has paid off! :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@brenty,

You're doing better than me in the technical language department! I get lost reading jpgoldberg. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi

People do wipe their phones, usually prior to disposal. I still cannot figure out why Duo would break this way.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I don't normally leave browser windows open, but I am going to leave the window open this time to see if the time server issue corrects itself.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're doing better than me in the technical language department! I get lost reading jpgoldberg. :)

@wkleem: Thank you. I've definitely learned a lot from him, but I'm glad if I can offer another perspective that helps others. :blush:

People do wipe their phones, usually prior to disposal. I still cannot figure out why Duo would break this way.
    I don't normally leave browser windows open, but I am going to leave the window open this time to see if the time server issue corrects itself.

I'm not sure that will make a difference. The time set and secret stored on your device just have to match the server's, so that both match for authentication. Unfortunately you'd need to have access to the 2FA on an authorized device to login to make changes. Otherwise there would be no benefit to using it in the first place. :(

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Duo Security has been responsive to my issue, which is a good sign. Being on Duo Free means my question may take longer to answer via email.

• Frank
    edited May 2017

Hi @wkleem I'm happy to hear you're making some progress with Duo support. I'm sorry for not being able to assist you further with the issue. I hope they contact you soon :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

I cannot login to Apple ID as My vault item is in Personal. Having made changes there from my PC, I am now unable to log in with my iPhone and iPad. I am seeing old vault data on iOS devices.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Never mind, I discovered that my login was somehow overwritten and I found the correct password in the login's password history..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: You don't have any devices logged into your Apple ID already? Or your 1Password.com account? :scream:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

With regards to Apple ID, Apple sees to it that I get kicked out after some period of inactivity, like the App Store requiring a Password after 15 minutes. ICloud requires logins.

As for 1Password.com, It works when it does but when it doesn't, like what I am going through with 1Password and Duo, I am seeing the surface of the feature set only right now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that's a good point. Sorry you've gotten locked out of so many things. :(

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Hi Brent

Early on, I had a mind to delete 1Password from Duo Security but I am glad I didn't as I thought it may have complicated things.

Different issue, I know but I think it was just as well that I didn't.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77925/entire-team-locked-out-the-servers-time-may-be-out-of-sync#latest

My issue is still unresolved.

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni

hey @wkleem and others,

In our last deploy we released a feature where disabling the Duo-1Password integration by deleting or changing API keys from Duo's administration panel will automatically disable the Duo integration on your 1Password account to prevent you from getting locked out. This can help restore access to your 1Password account due to any Duo-related problems, like local clocks being out of sync, or whatever the issue might be: you delete the integration from within Duo's admin panel and we will detect that and disable Duo from your account. Note that Duo is not disabled if we cannot reach Duo due to network errors or other problems, only in the cases of deleted integration, or resetting the Duo-1Password integration API keys.

Steven

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Thank you Steven.

I am still waiting for Duo's reply. I will wait a while longer to see their response.

• Hi @wkleem - On behalf of Steven you're very welcome. Have you tried to disable the Duo integration since the last update? If you decide to wait for Duo to respond, let us know when you hear back and if we can help. :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Frank,

On behalf of Steven you're very welcome. Have you tried to disable the Duo integration since the last update? If you decide to wait for Duo to respond, let us know when you hear back and if we can help. :+1:

No I haven't as I have only just read Steven's message.

• Hi @wkleem If you don't hear back from Duo or don't want to wait for them to respond. Try deleting the Duo integration from Duo's side and you should regain access to the account. Keep us posted and let us know if this helped if you decide to give it a go :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Which update is it as I could not see from the App Update Server?
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/B5

I was going to reply back to Duo's email.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

@Frank, @brenty,

Whatever Agilebits did, it worked! Thank you!! :) I will the outcome report back to Duo.

This discussion has been closed.