Crashes on Windows 10 Creators Update [Caused by Riva Tuner]

Options
kathampy
kathampy
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

1Password crashes on opening the app or right-clicking the tray icon on the Windows 10 Creators Update Build 15063 (Release Preview ring).

1Password Version: 6.5.398 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Build 15063
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• architect1337
    architect1337
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see this in 15063.11. It appears to work as expected. I am using a Family Account though (i.e. not Dropbox).

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    Options

Turned out to be due to RivaTuner.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @kathampy,

Thanks for writing in and for letting us know what it was.

I'm surprised RivaTurner was causing 1Password 6 to crash, I know there was an issue where the UI just shows up white. Is that what you meant by a crash?

I've reached out to RivaTurner's developer to see if they can whitelist 1Password from its software and they agreed to do it in the upcoming release. Can you confirm what version you were using?

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'm using RivaTuner 6.6.0. 1Password would crash whenever a window was opened like the main window or 1Password Mini. The system tray icon would successfully load on login and crash when attempting to open it.

This started only since the Creators Update. RivaTuner also causes other WPF applications to crash which didn't happen before the update.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @kathampy,

Can you please report that issue to them, so they can fix it before Creator Update is available to everyone on April 5th.

In addition, can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, it should contain the most recent crash report. We need to know what to look for in case other users report the same issue and we can pinpoint it to RivaTurner. Here's how; use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    Options

Sent the diagnostics report.

• MikeT
    Options

We just got it, thank you!

• Margent
    Margent
    Community Member
    Options

Hello.
    This is the problem of the tuner on Windows 10.
    Today launched the game Witcher 3, I have stopped working some buttons and overlay from the GOG.

Turned off the tuner, everything works fine.
    Disconnected the tuner - it breaks many programs.

• Shaguar
    Shaguar
    Community Member
    Options

I confirm this as well. Turned off MSI Afterburner with Rivatuner 6.6.0 and everything works again.

Rivatuner 7.0.0 beta 19 which is already available on Guru3d for download. Fixes all issues I've encountered. From what I understand, it's x32 hooking into x64 thingy.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know. Glad that disabling it helped stabilize things for you. Hopefully they'll be able to fix that with an update.

• wombat
    wombat
    Community Member
    Options

Another confirmation of 1Password6 crashing with Creators Update and Rivatuner 6. Going to try Riva 7 beta as mentioned by Shaguar

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to know that disabling it helped. Cheers! :)

• wombat
    wombat
    Community Member
    Options

Rivatuner 7 and 1Password6 play nicely. Thanks @Shaguar

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, it's great that they're on the case. :) :+1:

• Margent
    Margent
    Community Member
    Options

http://take.ms/ioLEb

Riva 7.0.0 beta 19 - works great!

• Margent
    Margent
    Community Member
    Options

Beta: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

Download Locations - Download Version 7.0.0 (Beta)

• MikeT
    Options

That's great to hear, thanks for sharing it with us.

This discussion has been closed.