I am considering a VPN service, will 1Password work with a VPN service?

Options
geezer11441
geezer11441
Community Member

If I install ExpressVPN, will it work with 1Password without my having to re-load my current entries that I have in 1Password (65) at the moment.

Geezer11441

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I am considering a VPN service, will 1Password work with a VPN service?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @geezer11441

I use Cloak VPN without any difficulties with or changes to 1Password. I'm not aware of any incompatibilities with ExpressVPN.

Thanks.

Ben

• geezer11441
    geezer11441
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben! My main concern is whether or not loading a VPN after I have loaded all of my 1Password information is it possible that I would need to reload all the work I have done setting up 1Password?? If a VPN will work subsequent to my setting up 1Pasword, I plan to purchase a VPN system immediately. Question - Did you download your VPN after already having your 1Password in operation??

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2017
    Options

@geezer11441

I don't see how it would be even remotely possible for a VPN service to have that effect. It would be a bit like buying a new car and suddenly finding all the locks on your house missing -- the two really just don't have much if any interaction with one another.

I started using Cloak after 1Password. For whatever that is worth.

Ben

• geezer11441
    geezer11441
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, answer I was needing!!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• geezer11441
    geezer11441
    Community Member
    Options

As an FYI, I just purchased/loaded VPN Unlimited and everything works just fine. Thanks for the response/advice!!

Roger

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome Roger. Glad to hear it worked out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.