Feature Request: Set default Browser to open URLS stored in 1Password

Options
Sorastro
Sorastro
Community Member

I have Safari set as my system's default browser. For increased security, I would like to be able to designate some other browser in 1Password as default - it would be great if this could be done on a per-item basis (for example, open Chase.com in Firefox) but setting a app wide default would be OK too.

I know I can open the other browser first, then go to the website and use 1Password's fill function to auto-fill user-name and password, I would prefer something that worked from within the 1Password app.

1Password Version: 6.7.BETA-3 (670003)
Extension Version: Safari 4.6.3 / Chrome 4.6.4.3 / Firefox 4.6.4.b3
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sorastro,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your request! I don't believe we currently have plans to add an option to customize which browser is opened by the main 1Password app, but perhaps it's something we can consider in the future.

In case it helps, you don't need to open a website in a non-default browser first before using 1Password to fill your username and password. Just open the browser, click the 1Password extension button, and choose a Login item. 1Password will open the website and then fill the sign-in form. I know that's not the same as what you're requesting, but I wanted to mention it as it might simplify things a bit for you.

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.