Few Queries about 1P5 and 1P6

justnishant123
justnishant123
Community Member

Hi,
I have been trying both 1P4 and 1P6 in their evaluation version. I have both windows desktop applications and android app installed.
Now I want to move to 1P6 online account, 1P6 windows desktop account and android app, but I am facing few challenges which I am listing below

1. Off lately, 1P6 windows desktop application locks randomly, thus making the application completely useless. I just can't use it. I've never faced this issue before and I reckon, this must have been an issue introduced by a recent upgrade. Could you please guide me on resolving this ?

2. I have a 1P4 desktop application, which has a local vault and is in synch with dropbox. How to uninstall and delete all the data footprints of 1P4 from both local vault and dropbox ? Of course, I know how to uninstall an application, but my question is about deleting all the associated data with 1P4 installation and local vault.

3. While trying 1P4, I had installed android app which is synched with dropbox. Then I created 1P6 account and linked android app with 1P6 account too. Now I see duplicate entries when I login from app. How do I disconnect android app and dropbox and possibly delete 1P4 related data from my phone, which would have been saved by the app ?

4. 1P4 windows desktop application & android app has one master password, saw pwd1. 1P6 windows app and 1P6 online account has another master password, saw pwd2.
    Now when I login to app to access 1P6 data, I have to enter pwd1 , where as when I access 1P6 online or desktop application I have to enter pwd2. Is there a way to have 1P6 masterpassword, i.e. pwd 2 on android app too ??

5. I was trying to add a document to 1P6, using both 1P6 desktop application and online. In both cases, it said the document could not be loaded ? Is there a size limit to the doc upload. The docs, I was trying to load were approx 3MB.

6. Is there an option to load multiple documents under the same entry ? For example - I would prefer to have one document entry named "Family Driver's License" in which everyone's DL be uploaded instead of creating one "document" item for every family member.
    Can this be done or is there a better way to have this collective docs ?

Sorry for the long mail.

Regards,
Nish

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey Nish,

Thanks for your email and your detailed questions!

Off lately, 1P6 windows desktop application locks randomly, thus making the application completely useless. I just can't use it. I've never faced this issue before and I reckon, this must have been an issue introduced by a recent upgrade. Could you please guide me on resolving this ?

We occasionally hear about issues like this but they are almost always related to an issue on the system. With 1Password 6 in particular, we use very solid system event notifiers to determine when to engage the auto-lock timer.
    When was the last time you restarted the machine?

I have a 1P4 desktop application, which has a local vault and is in synch with dropbox. How to uninstall and delete all the data footprints of 1P4 from both local vault and dropbox ? Of course, I know how to uninstall an application, but my question is about deleting all the associated data with 1P4 installation and local vault.

Without knowing your exact setup, that local vault will be located in your Dropbox. Once you remove it from that location and move it into, say, an archive folder, there will be no trace of it. 1Password 6 uses an internal database and communicates with the 1Password.com servers to send and retrieve data. 1Password 4 accesses the data in the vault file directly.

If you uninstall 1Password 4 using the Control Panel, all parts of the application are going to be deleted but for a few strings in the registry, and the licence. Detailed instructions for removing all parts of 1Password 4 can be found in our "How to uninstall 1Password" article.

However, you shouldn't remove your vault file until you've moved everything to your account successfully and even then we'd advise keeping a few backups.

While trying 1P4, I had installed android app which is synched with dropbox. Then I created 1P6 account and linked android app with 1P6 account too. Now I see duplicate entries when I login from app. How do I disconnect android app and dropbox and possibly delete 1P4 related data from my phone, which would have been saved by the app ?

Do you have all of your data in the 1Password account? Go ahead and thoroughly check it. If everything's there, you can follow our "How to erase your 1Password data and start over" guide to erase all local data from 1Password 6 for Windows and 1Password for Android. After you've done that, you can sign in to your account on these devices again.

1P4 windows desktop application & android app has one master password, saw pwd1. 1P6 windows app and 1P6 online account has another master password, saw pwd2.
    Now when I login to app to access 1P6 data, I have to enter pwd1 , where as when I access 1P6 online or desktop application I have to enter pwd2. Is there a way to have 1P6 masterpassword, i.e. pwd 2 on android app too ??

Yes, once you've reset your data on the Windows PC and the Android device and signed in to your account again, you will have pwd2 in 1Password 6 for Windows, 1Password for Android, and the 1Password.com website.

I was trying to add a document to 1P6, using both 1P6 desktop application and online. In both cases, it said the document could not be loaded ? Is there a size limit to the doc upload. The docs, I was trying to load were approx 3MB.

There's a 5 MB file size limit when uploading in the client apps, like 1Password 6. Please try uploading the document directly on 1Password.com and tell us if this works.

Is there an option to load multiple documents under the same entry ? For example - I would prefer to have one document entry named "Family Driver's License" in which everyone's DL be uploaded instead of creating one "document" item for every family member.

Can this be done or is there a better way to have this collective docs ?

On the website you can associate multiple documents with one item. Please go ahead and try it.

I hope this answers your questions for now. Let us know if you have any others.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.