To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No Secret Key and Emergency Kit - How to contact support?

Options
SargTeX
SargTeX
Community Member

Hello community!

I have no access to my account anymore, as I did not save the Secret Key or the Emergency Kit directly after setting up my account. I also do not have any access via apps or similar to my account, so manually resetting it is also not possible for me.
But thats not a problem for me: I didn't add any (important) passwords, so I don't need to get access to the data back.

However, I am therefore not able anymore to use my 1Password license. As suggested in the FAQ, I contacted the support via E-Mail and asked them to reset my account, so I can use my license and 1Password.

But that mail was sent more than 5 weeks ago and, apart from an automated reply, I did not receive any response to this request...

Which way would you suggest for me to go in order to get my account resettet? Do I have to provide additional information? Is there another way of contacting the support that I'm missing?

Best greetings and thanks a lot in advance,

SargTeX

/EDIT: A previous similar thread that I posted before somehow "disappeared" - maybe some session/login problem. Good that I've got a browser cache :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• SargTeX
    SargTeX
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hello there,

I have no access to my account anymore, as I did not save the Secret Key or the Emergency Kit directly after setting up my account.
    Not a big problem, I didn't add any passwords, so I don't need to get access to the data back.

However, I am therefore not able anymore to use my 1Password license. As suggested in the FAQ, I contacted the support via E-Mail and asked them to reset my account, so I can use the license and start using passwords...

But that mail was sent more than 5 weeks ago and, apart from an automated reply, I did not receive any response to this request. Too bad that I've already paid for it. -.-

Which way would you suggest for me to take in order to recveive an answer? Do I have to provide additional information? Is there another way of contacting the support that I'm missing?

I like 1Password, although it has some serious problems (such as no Linux support) for my use case. But the fact that I'm not able to use my account for months and do not even receive any answer (e.g. if additional information is missing?) really freaks me out.

Best greetings and thanks a lot in advance,

SargTeX

/EDIT: I also do not have any access via apps or similar to my account, so manually resetting it is also not possible for me (and not required, a complete reset of the account would do everything for me :) ).

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Frank
    Options

Hi SargTeX - Thank you for reaching out to us over here. Sorry for the delay and I was able to locate the email you sent over to us. I just replied back to you with instructions on how to get this squared away. Let's keep the conversation going via email and I look forward to hearing back from you soon :-)

ref: ING-54955-147

• SargTeX
    SargTeX
    Community Member
    Options

Top! Thanks a lot for the reply. We'll stay in contact over mail :).
    :+1:

• Frank
    Options

Anytime, I look forward to getting you back up and rocking 1Password again :+1:

• Ben
    Options

:)

This discussion has been closed.