To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password.com security and item history

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

This maybe kind of a dumb question, but how are features like the 365 day item history working? As AgileBits doesn't have access to my data, it can't be something on the "server side". So is this item history realized with the apps on the different platforms and in the web app (after unlocking my data in the browser)?

I may have answered my own question, but I just want to be sure ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Manaburner - That's not a dumb question at all and thank you for asking :+1:

So is this item history realized with the apps on the different platforms and in the web app (after unlocking my data in the browser)?

Yes, this is true, by design we don't have access to your data. While each item contents are encrypted, there's separate item records in the database which we store a separate item history record for to each item (also encrypted). The sever has the ability to maintain & handle the item history without it being read. So it's definitely a little bit of magic on our end :smile: I hope this clarified things a little more :+1:

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @Frank

I hope this clarified things a little more

yes, as always. Thank you :)

• Anytime :+1: I'm always happy to help out and thank you for asking. That was a great question!

This discussion has been closed.