Can't add new item on version 6.5.401d

GaryZheng
GaryZheng
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

My vaults was a synced dropbox folder, I can see a "+ New item" button above the item list, but when I click it and the button have no response. It is normal?

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox folder

Comments

• Hi @GaryZheng,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, it is normal because 1Password 6 does not support local vaults yet; local vaults are read-only, which is why the button is grayed out. We've added a tooltip to explain this on the Edit button but realized we didn't add it to New Item either. We'll look into adding that in a future update.

1Password 6 is only available for 1Password.com memberships. The Folder option is meant to help with migrating your 1Password local vaults to your 1Password.com account.

• GaryZheng
    GaryZheng
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    Thank you for your reply, It's sad for me to hear 1Password6 is only for 1Password.com memberships. Several days ago I can still add a Dropbox account in 1Password6 and now this function removed. So I need to fallback to use the out fashion 1Password4 to get local vaults sync? Or you guys have any plan to add this in the future?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@GaryZheng: To be clear, we haven't removed anything. When you previously added the vault, it was still read-only. 1Password 6 has never had full support for local vaults, or actively syncing with 3rd party services. This is just a means to import data, and we've tried to make that clearer in the way it's presented in recent updates. So while it was important to make these changes, I'm sorry for the confusion that's caused. We're not currently working on local vault support, but it's something we can revisit once our current projects are completed.

This discussion has been closed.