Dropbox and 1Password

Options
Moretti
Moretti
Community Member

Hi,

I have installed 1Password on iOS and I cannot complete authentication with Dropbox. Always tells me "Dropbox Authorization failed". See the screenshot attached.

Screen -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/elry5d3tyhb59z3/IMG_0006.PNG?dl=0

How do I fix?

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Moretti,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Are you able to login to Dropbox using the Dropbox app?

Ben

• abh_sc
    abh_sc
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I have the same error in en-US. Is the best approach to piggy back this thread or submit a fresh post with my details?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @abh_sc

If it is indeed the same issue we can discuss here. Can you please check out my question in the above post?

Ben

• abh_sc
    abh_sc
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Yes, I am able to log into Dropbox app (v42.2.2) and site, in the Apps linked section of my profile it shows 1Password with "Full Dropbox" as the access type.

• Ben
    Options

Could you please try removing the authorization for 1Password from your Dropbox profile, launch the Dropbox for iOS app, and then try setting up Dropbox syncing in 1Password again?

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• abh_sc
    abh_sc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the pointer. That worked. Removed the app in the main Dropbox website, then plowed through a bunch of 1Password complaint dialogs, then the syncing magic did its thing.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that worked. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.