To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot figure out how to downgrade my family trial to an individual account

Beantown
Beantown
Community Member

When I try to set up an individual account and verify my email it log me into my existing family account. I would like to have an individual account versus a family account and my family account trial is expiring in several days. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Having trouble downgrading family account to personal account.

Comments

• Hey @Beantown! I'd be happy to help out with that. To convert your family account to an individual one:

1. Sign in to your account at 1Password.com.
    2. Click your account name in the top right and click Family Settings.
    3. Click the convert button at the bottom of the page.

You can subscribe from your billing page now. Let us know if you have some other questions :)

• luisalejandro_cc
    luisalejandro_cc
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob, so Can I switch back and forth between individual and family account according to my necessities? Thank you in advance.

• Frank
    edited July 2017

Hi @luisalejandro_cc - Great question! Yes, you can convert accounts via the Settings menu. Keep in mind, if you add a family member to the account, the option to convert will not be available until there is only one member listed on the account. Just make sure when you remove family members from the account, in case you decide to switch back to an Individual account, they move their data over to a safe location. Our billing will pro-rate the unused time remaining on the account during the conversion and the credit will be used against the next invoice after making the switch. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any further questions :+1:

• luisalejandro_cc
    luisalejandro_cc
    Community Member

Hi @Frank thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear that I have the freedom and control to switch between individual and family subscriptions. BR!

• Hi @luisalejandro_cc - You're very welcome and I'm glad the information helped. Please feel free to visit us anytime, we're always happy to help out. Have a great night :smile:

This discussion has been closed.