Is 1Password 6 now equal in functionality to the old 1Password 4?

Options

I've been waiting to upgrade to 6 because I like the new sync functionality (want to get rid of Dropbox entirely as the only reason it's installed on my PC is because of 1Password).
I remember installing one of the earlier versions of 6 around the time it was announced and I saw that it was very bland and buggy so I had to delete it.

So what's the present status of the current Windows version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Здравствуйте, @kot_vaska,

Thank you for reaching out and your interest in 1Password for Windows! :chuffed:

1Password 6 for Windows has come a long way since September last year and you can check the release notes for the latest version yourself. I would not say that the functionality of 1Password 6 is on par with 1Password 4 now, but it is getting closer every day. Why don't you download it and give it a try? Your feedback will be much appreciated. If you like it, we will be happy to see you onboard. :+1:

As for your current account state, please send us a message to support+windows@agilebits.com and we will see what we can do for you. Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the email and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

If you have any other questions about 1Password for Windows or 1Password in general, please let us know. Спасибо! ;)

Cheers,
    Greg

• kot_vaska
    kot_vaska
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Greg, for your thorough reply.
    I went to check out the changelog and it seems that 1Password 6 for Windows is not really neglected but is slowly improving and getting on par with the Mac version.

I think I'll hold off on upgrading for just a little bit more as my primary browser is Firefox and there was some note in the log that Native Messaging (whatever that is) will be implemented for Firefox later this year.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kot_vaska: Just to clarify, while we're planning to bring Native Messaging to Firefox this year, it's likely to be close to the end since that's the way Mozilla's roadmap is laid out. If you're happy waiting, that's fine. I just didn't want you to think this was a short-term thing. Native Messaging is exciting, but it's something that will take time, both on our end and with regard to the browsers themselves, so I didn't want to leave you holding your breath. Cheers! :)

• kot_vaska
    kot_vaska
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you brenty, I'll keep it in mind.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @kot_vaska,

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

Just in case you're thinking of this, 1Password does support Firefox right now. Native Messaging is an alternative integration for the browser extensions, you can read more about it here.

• kot_vaska
    kot_vaska
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

One more question, would it be against the TOS if I purchased the Family plan but used it with my sister who lives far away to split the subscription costs and for convenient password sharing? We are family obviously, but we are not a single household. And if I wanted to add my parents to the family plan later who also live separately but whose passwords I want to manage as they're not very good with computers but at the same time let them use their vaults on their own to log in to sites and all that stuff.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

One more question, would it be against the TOS if I purchased the Family plan but used it with my sister who lives far away to split the subscription costs and for convenient password sharing? We are family obviously, but we are not a single household. And if I wanted to add my parents to the family plan later who also live separately but whose passwords I want to manage as they're not very good with computers but at the same time let them use their vaults on their own to log in to sites and all that stuff.

@kot_vaska: That's a great question. That's totally okay. We don't want to tell you who you can and can't consider to be family, so you're free to choose who you invite to your 1Password Family as well. That helps you help your loved ones secure their digital lives and share data, and that's exactly why we created 1Password Families in the first place. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.