How do I sync my passwords with Dropbox?

Options

Comments

• xelat
    xelat
    Community Member
    Options

So how do i sync with dropbox account then? this is what you have in your website:

https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

this clearly states that you should press the sync button to sync up with the dropbox account. how am i supposed to do this if there is no button?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@xelat: Dropbox sync requires a local vault. Otherwise there's no sync to setup. You can enable local vaults under Preferences > Advanced, but keep in mind that local vaults won't work with a 1Password.com account, and sync setup of any kind is unnecessary in that case as well. Cheers! :)

• xelat
    xelat
    Community Member
    Options

how can i sync up with my passwords? I used 1pw 5 on another computer and it worked fine. now on my new computer with a fresh install of 1pw 6 (subscription) im trying to access the passwords stored in the dropbox keychain file. how can i do that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@xelat: Just enable local vaults in Preferences > Advanced as I suggested previously, and then you can select that vault in Dropbox to sync with and open it in 1Password. Then copy your data from there to your 1Password.com account and disable local vaults again, and you'll be all set. :)

This discussion has been closed.