To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't set up 1 password on my new computer. It is asking for a URL and I have no idea what wants

Options
peggy_alexander
peggy_alexander
Community Member

I'm trying to set up 1 password on my new computer. It wants some URL - I have no idea what it is referring to. I know my email address and password. I have no idea what user name/url they are referring to

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't set up 1 password on my new computer. It is asking for a URL and I have no idea what wants

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @peggy_alexander! I’m sorry for the confusion. Did you make a one-time purchase of 1Password in the past? Perhaps a license, or a copy of the app from the App Store? If so, you didn't get an account, which would include that URL you're looking for. We recently introduced 1Password accounts as part of subscriptions, which have automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. You can create one to get the benefits accounts include, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have.

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

To get started on your new computer, you can request your license and use that to set things up, or you can create a 1Password account and move your existing data over to it, then use it going forward. That way when you get a new computer or device you can just sign in to your account and you'll be good to go! No need to manually set up sync or anything like that. Just create an account and move things over from your old computer, then sign in to that account on your new computer.

This discussion has been closed.