Identity vs Login for future use

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2017 in Business and Teams

I have never used Identity but I've always used Logins but I need to sort out my Logins (and categorise them better) and some logins are solely for discussion forums like this site.

What will happen to Identity as, for example, Account has been deprecated in favour of Logins?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I'm not sure I understand. Identity and Login items, while both can be filled into web forms by 1Password, serve very different functions. Logins are generally for usernames and passwords for — you guessed it — logging into websites; whereas Identities are useful for filling personal information, such as address, email, etc. Does that help? :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, a little. Thanks. More sites now require that I establish an Identity before login. Just to register a toaster, I am required to provide my Identity Card No. No kidding!

kenwoodworld.com/en-sg/account/register-an-account

Too much information is being demanded these days.

• Ben
    Options

Identity items are great for filling in those kinds of forms. You'd then, generally, create a Login item from the resulting submission, and use that to actually login to the site. Two different categories for two different purposes. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.