Sync issues

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: MacOS 10.12.3 - No Sync Button Available.

Comments

• arasame
    arasame
    Community Member
    Options

I’m an your customer from Sicily (sorry for my bad English). I have to reinstaller 1Password for an issue on my Mac. Before I had able to synchronize my MAC with my iPad and my iPhone with my local network, but after reinstallation the synchronization doesn’t work.

I’m sure that the three devices are on the same local network, but in the application on my MAC doesn’t appear button synchronization in the preferences menu or in the window contextual menu.

I downloaded again from your site the last version of software but without success.

Can you help me?

My Mac OS is SIERRA release 10.12.4. My MAC is iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) - processor 3,3 GHz Intel Core i5 - RAM 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 - graphic card AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB

Thank you very much

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@arasame: Thanks for reaching out. Your English is great, but I think we need a little bit more information.

It sounds like you're referring to WLAN Server. Were you previously using that to sync via Wi-Fi locally?

If so, your devices may be having trouble syncing after you reinstalled since they're trying to connect to the old installation's vault. That's just a guess though, as there are a few things we need to know:

1. What did you reinstall?
    2. Where do you have all of your data currently? (Please backup your data!)
    3. Are you receiving an error when you try to sync?
    4. Have you maybe just not setup a local vault to sync with yet on your Mac (Preferences > Advanced)? (Please backup your data before doing anything!)

Thanks in advance! :)

• arasame
    arasame
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you; you're very kind.
    I answer to your questions:
    1- I reinstalled 1Password 6.5.5 and after I downloaded 1Password 6.6.4 (but after reinstallation synchronization didn't work with previous version 6.5.5).
    2- My data are currently in my iPad and in my iPhone (166 items).
    3- I don't receive an error when I try to sync, but the devices don't see each other.
    4 I don't know what you want to say me, but I drop here an image file of my preferences (How you can see, the synchronization icon doesn't appear)

I haven't an account dropbox; I have an account Apple, but I prefer sync with my local WLAN network.

• rudy
    Options

@arasame,

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you're signed into a 1Password.com account, which is automatically synchronizing your data in an encrypted form with our servers.

If you're really wanting to use WLAN Sync you're going to have to turn on that "creazione casseforti fuori account 1Password" and transfer all of your items into the Primary vault from the Personal one.

Rudy

• arasame
    arasame
    Community Member
    Options

Great Rudy! It works.

Thank you very much from Sicily.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad Rudy was able to help out. We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.