Browser extensions not working after updating to 4.6.1.620

I've just updated 1Password to 4.6.1.620 and the corresponding extensions.
Now every time I start Firefox and Chrome it redirects me to https://agilebits.com/browsers/auth.html and the extensions don't work.
Both Firefox and Chrome are updated.
How do I make the extensions work without visiting the website?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: Chrome: 4.6.4.90, Firefox: 4.6.4
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pechisbeque,

Sorry for the trouble, it sounds like the 1Password app isn't recognizing extensions after the update and trying to go through the authorization process for them again but never completing. This isn't expected.

May I ask if you see any error message or authorization code appear on the https://agilebits.com/browsers/auth.html website?

Does 1Password popup any window with the same authorization code?

The first thing I would suggest would be to try uninstalling the extensions, then restarting the browser and installing the extension again from here:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

This will kick off the authorization process once again and hopefully it will work better.

Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• pechisbeque
    pechisbeque
    Community Member

Hi Matthew,
    thanks for the fast reply.
    I can't visit the auth.html website since it is behind a firewall.
    What would be the alternative to get the extensions working?

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey again @pechisbeque,

I'm very sorry, at the moment being able to access that URL as part of the authorization process is mandatory in order to connect the extensions. The https://agilebits.com website is available on the public internet, I'm curious why it would be behind a firewall - is this a restriction at your workplace or perhaps it is something that could be disabled temporarily in order to get 1Password back working?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• pechisbeque
    pechisbeque
    Community Member

Can I download the previous version where this was not needed?
    Everything was working fine before...

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pechisbeque,

Sorry about the trouble with this - it is possible to downgrade however since this is just a one-time operation it might be worth disabling the firewall for a short time to perform the browser extension authorization. Once it's complete you the firewall won't affect the connection.

Forgive me for my intrusiveness but I would be interested to know if the computer you're using 1Password on is isolated from the entire internet or whether our specific website has been blocked for some reason?

As mentioned, if you really wish to downgrade it is possible but you will be taking on the risk of using an older and more insecure version of 1Password as the oldest one that doesn't require this is over a year old. To downgrade:

1. Uninstall 1Password.

Important: Please only follow the instructions with the title "Remove the 1Password app" - avoid any steps that involve deleting data.

2. Download and install the old version of 1Password.
    3. Once installed, you should be able to open up the app and it will ask for your Master Password. Once unlocked you should be able to use the extension once more.

Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• pechisbeque
    pechisbeque
    Community Member

Thanks. It worked!

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Excellent :) Glad to here it @pechisbeque!

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.