1password frequently crashes on ios

Options
sdw
sdw
Community Member

This problem occurred before this version for IOS (6.5.4). Have sent numerous help requests via email over months, without a response. Perhaps doing something wrong. Problem: I can get to first level of, for example email or NYT and read an email or part of an article. If I then try to follow any detail of that article or email within a short period of time (1-5 minutes) screen will go blank. Also if I have more than one login open in 1password frequently if I return to last open site -goes blank. This happens on two different iphones and three different ipads. IOS on all units is up to date. 1password Ver 6.5.4 Problem defeats purpose of storing rather than memorizing because function is significantly diminished. Been using 1password since it was available, never experienced this concern before. Occurs primarily with Safari, but has happened with Firefox also (just don't use Firefox as much)Thanks

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.3.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sdw,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble on your iOS devices! I'm not sure if I fully understand the problem you've described, and I wonder if you can clarify something you mentioned:

Occurs primarily with Safari, but has happened with Firefox also (just don't use Firefox as much)

It sounds like you're saying the screen goes blank when you're reading websites in Safari and Firefox. If so, that doesn't seem to be related to 1Password, unless I've misunderstood. Can you please elaborate on how 1Password is involved with the problem you're experiencing in Safari and Firefox? Thanks in advance! :)

• sdw
    sdw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew,
    Sorry if things incoherent first time around. Will try to do better. On Mac: Few problems, 1password usually works well whether use open and fill from app or first going to website with Safari or Firefox and then using 1password to login. On all 5 ios devices: Login in two ways -going to website from URL on Safari and placing my logins without using 1password. Have no difficulty getting to links in NYT or from emails and keeping several sites open. When I am using 1password app to log into a sight directly the problem occurs with ios devices. . Frequently, I can't go beyond first page of most things (news, email etc) without screen going blank. If I have more than one site open and go back to one of earlier sites it appears fully present until I hit it to enlarge and open again, but it then just opens momentarily with all data visible, then goes to a blank screen. Often I just have to start all over with any site I want to use. If I want to read several articles that have links in NYT I will need to log in 5 or 6 times. Similar situation with my email site. Since I use reasonably complex passwords (no coherent pattern) to most of my sites I am very dependent on 1password rather than memorization. Never use to have this problem, been going on for about a year or more now. This problem does not occur unless I am using 1password. Sorry initial confusion.
    Thanks,
    Steve

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the additional info Steve. I'd suggest using 1Password in Safari on the iOS devices:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Does this occur when accessing sites that way?

Please let us know.

Ben

• sdw
    sdw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. Been traveling. Didn't know about the "extensions" in Safari on IOS. I've tried it briefly to learn how to use it. Haven't had enough experience yet to know if it solves the problem, but hopeful!
    Steve

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem! Just let us know if you have any other questions, and safe travels! :)

This discussion has been closed.