Here are the steps I took and this still isn't working!! I'm locked out of all the accounts I need to run my business, and keep getting canned responses from their support!!!! Most frustrating customer experience I have EVER HAD.
- changed my master password, then forgot the symbols I used so I'm locked out.
- Was still able to get into 1pw on my iphone with my fingerprint, so I created a backup, connected iphone to computer and copied the backup folder from Itunes
- from my mac, I erased my 1password (troubleshoot > reset all 1pw data) on my computer
- also erased all icloud data
- logged in to my new 1pw account on mac
- I dragged the backup into my itunes, connected phone, and told it to sync.
- after multiple resets of the phone and sending a diagnostic report, I still show the folder in my itunes, but nothing shows up in my 1pw 6 phone app
PROBLEM: I tried this too - when I (using my phone) tell it to restore the backup, it tells me that the password is wrong, so I'm assuming the backup is tied to my old login, which I can't access.
1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iphone software version 10.3.1
Sync Type: icloud