Restoring Previous Purchase

Options
LCBlue
LCBlue
Community Member

Hello,

I have a standalone license that I've been using. 1P started having issues on my wife's MacBook and so I deleted the app and re-installed. Unfortunately I think when I reinstalled it it downloaded it under her apple account (instead of re-installing it from our family iTunes account). Now it doesn't seem to be recognizing the fact that we already have a license (it is in read-only mode). Is there anyway to "restore purchase" on my wife's MacBook?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@LCBlue,

You'll want to delete the copy you installed as a purchase under her Apple ID and then install on your wife's MacBook by going to the Purchases Tab in the App Store.app and switch over to your shared purchases and install that way.

Rudy

• LCBlue
    LCBlue
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy,

I tried that already but no change. . .

--LL

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LCBlue,

Is it possible you purchased your 1Password license from our AgileBits Store? If you made your purchase from the AgileBits Store instead of from the Mac App Store, you'll need to delete the Mac App Store version on your wife's Mac (don't use any app cleaning tools) and then download 1Password from our download site.

On the other hand, if you're sure you originally paid for 1Password through the Mac App Store under your own Apple ID, and your wife was previously using it on her Mac via Family Sharing, make sure you follow these exact steps on her Mac:

1. Open the main 1Password app, then hold down the control key and go to 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the menu bar.
    2. Go to the Applications folder and drag 1Password.app to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools).
    3. Empty the Trash, then reboot the Mac.
    4. Once the Mac restarts, launch the Mac App Store app and click on the Purchased tab, but do not download 1Password yet.
    5. In the upper left corner, click the "Purchases" popup menu and choose your own name from this list (not "My Purchases").
    6. After the list refreshes, find 1Password in the list and download it from there.

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• echo0101
    echo0101
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I am running in to a similar issue. I purchased the app on Mac in the App Store via Family Sharing as well. My wife just got a new computer and we're trying to install 1password but it is not restoring our purchase and trying to make us buy the license again. I followed the steps @Drew_AG posted but it still didn't restore the purchase. Please advise!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @echo0101,

1Password "standalone" from the App Store is now an in-app purchase, which cannot be shared using Apple's Family Sharing. Apple doesn't allow any in-app purchases to be shared:

What types of content can I share with Family Sharing? - Apple Support

The recommended way forward is with a 1Password Families membership. You can read about some of the benefits of that here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Our sales team would be happy to help you transition to that (both financially and technically) if you'd like to do so. Please send us an email with a copy of your receipt for 1Password as well as the below link to get started with that:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/380525/#Comment_380525

If you'd prefer to continue using 1Password standalone you can do that but will need to transition to the download from our website as the App Store won't allow multiple Apple IDs to share a single 1Password purchase. If you'd rather go that route please email the sales team the same information requested above.

Please let us know in an email to sales@1password.com which direction you'd like to go, or if you have further questions about your choices, along with the above requested info.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.