1Password 6 Fails to auto lock on Windows

Options

The auto lock feature in Windows doesn’t activate after the specified timeout period unless the computer is locked. This is inconsistent with the same feature in the Mac OS version which locks after the timeout period even if the computer hasn’t gone to sleep or been locked. If this is expected behavior then it should be described more clearly in the settings.

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:auto lock

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @diminutivesloop,

Thanks for writing in.

How long did you set the auto-lock timer to? The auto-lock timer kicks in as soon as you stop using your keyboard and mouse entirely, not when you stop using 1Password.

• diminutivesloop
    diminutivesloop
    Community Member
    Options

It appears to be working properly now. Is it possible some other program is causing 1password to think I’m still actively using my computer?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@diminutivesloop: Definitely. Do you have one in mind? We can try to test it ourselves. Generally speaking, anything that keeps it active, especially through input, will look to 1Password like you're actively using your computer.

• diminutivesloop
    diminutivesloop
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately none that I can think of. I don’t know of any apps that I use that produce input when they are inactive. And since I do web development narrowing down the list would be a non-trivial task.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, fair enough. But if you do happen to encounter this again and notice something that might shed some light on things, be sure to let us know. We'll keep an eye out for this ourselves.

This discussion has been closed.