Is it possible to reorder categories?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to reorder Categories list in Mac 6.x.

Comments

• tamamzi
    tamamzi
    Community Member
    Options

Just wondering if this is being addressed since August? It used to be that I could reorder the categories by dragging and dropping, but a recent update removed that functionality? I just upgraded to family too. Having to push that load more categories every, single. time is frustrating...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tamamzi,

I hope you don't mind, but I've split your post into a separate thread so we can focus on your specific question/situation. Thanks for writing in to ask us about reordering categories!

The order of categories can be changed in local/standalone vaults (by simply dragging them), but cannot currently be changed in the 'All Vaults' view or in vaults that are part of a 1Password.com account. It sounds like you recently started a 1Password Families subscription (a type of 1Password.com account), which is why you're no longer able to reorder the categories.

I apologize for the inconvenience! I don't have any information right now about if/when the ability to reorder categories will be added to account vaults, but it's something I'd like to be able to do as well, and I can forward your feedback to our developers.

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: B5-2624

• tamamzi
    tamamzi
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, thank you so much for your quick reply. I am really liking the family account – you know, in case I get hit by a bus, my husband will not lose access to – well – everything... ;-) But, i AM missing the category reorder! So, thanks for passing that along to the developers. Happy weekend to you

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm really happy to hear you're enjoying the 1Password Families account! (Aside from not being able to reorder categories, of course. ;) ) Hopefully we'll be able to add that to accounts at some point. We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.