Read-only message appears sometimes

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Read only version on Mac.

Comments

• stmbarnes
    stmbarnes
    Community Member
    Options

I have this occurring as well. I only have the new web-based version, my subscription works fine on all devices except my mac. It eventually DOES clear the Read Only message, but it appears to have this happen every time I start up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stmbarnes: Thanks for reaching out. I’m really sorry for the trouble! We've made some improvements to 1Password in the latest betas to make it more quickly and reliably get the license/account status. So long as testing goes well, this should make its way to an update near your soon. And we're here if you need us. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-4984

• LeonardJG
    LeonardJG
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this happening for me on my MBP. It's not intermittent for me however, it happens at every log in.
    I have to open the 1Password app to clear it, after which it recognises I have a subscription.
    If I open a web browser (generally Chrome) and hit "⌘\" and enter my master password it says 'Read Only Mode'. The same happens if I select the menubar version of 1Password.

As I say, it clears once I have opened 1Password app properly.

Looking forward to the bug fix - otherwise loving 1Password.

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @LeonardJG ,

That bug did exist in an earlier version of 1Password from the Mac App Store, but it should be fixed by now. Please check for updates in the App Store application and update 1Password to version 6.7. After that, the issue should go away.

If you are running version 6.7, please take note of the date/time the next time this happens. Then, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• The date and time the issue occurred.
    • A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77931/read-only-message-appears-sometimes#latest
    • Your forum username: LeonardJG

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to see what went wrong with reading the receipt.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• LeonardJG
    LeonardJG
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_kevin thanks for the quick response - I was running 6.6 you're right. Have just updated so hopefully that's sorted now - thank you for the tip. W

• rudy
    Options

@LeonardJG,

On behalf of @ag_kevin you're quite welcome. Let us know if it re-appears.

Rudy

• stmbarnes
    stmbarnes
    Community Member
    Options

I can also confirm this was resolved for me, thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much for letting us know! I'm glad we were able to get that fixed for you. We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.