1Password Extension for Safari on IOS is pointing to the wrong vault - how to change it?

wnegus
wnegus
Community Member

System: IPad Pro on latest IOS 10.3.1
Goal: To modify the settings in the 1Password Extension for Safari on IOS so it will point to the correct vault

Background: I originally installed the 1Password App on my IPad Pro with a trial account. I added the Safari Browser extension and it worked . Then, my son invited me to a shared family vault instead, so I have now stopped using my original 1Password account & vault, and started using the new account & vault that is part of the family plan. This all works fine from within the 1Browser. However, Safari is still entering logins to the original vault, rather than the family vault. I cannot find a way to uninstall the browser extension because Safari on IOS doesn't have preferences menu as it does on Mac. I'm hoping I don't have to uninstall the 1Password App from my iPad as I'm worried it will delete all the logins I've entered today. Need help!

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Unknown - IOS
OS Version: IOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: ICloud

Comments

• wnegus
    wnegus
    Community Member

Quick clarifying update on this - when I log in to the website to check my vaults, I find 2 there - one that is shared and 1 that is private - it seems that the Safari extension is entering the logins into the Private vault, and I'm not even able to access that vault from the IOS app or 1Browser, just from the website.

• wnegus
    wnegus
    Community Member

Never mind - i just uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it seems to have fixed the issue

• wnegus
    wnegus
    Community Member

Problem is back - the issue is that the iOS Safari extension is putting logins into a private vault, rather than the shared vault - is there any way to change this so that they will end up in the shared vault? I want everything to go to the same vault, rather than 2 different ones.

• Hi @wnegus,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iPad:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• Your forum handle: wnegus
    • A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77950/

so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.