Shortcut doesn't work to fill but clicking on 1Password icon does

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: keyboard shortcut bring up empty vault on first attempt.

Comments

• robcoh
    robcoh
    Community Member
    Options

Having a similar problem. Windows 10 + Chrome extension Shortcut key doesn't work for sites that are in vault. Instead, I can sometimes click the 1P extension icon and login details are filled in. On occasion, I have to click on the 1P extension then right-click on the site name and copy ID and Password individually to the clipboard for pasting onto the screen.

Hope you can help. Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @robcoh,

Thanks for writing in.

I believe the issue may be because the shortcut may not work while you're in a specific vault. Try clicking on 1Password icon in your browser, click on the vault selector and go to All Vaults. After that, see if filling works with Control + \.

• robcoh
    robcoh
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I think you're onto something here. I should have also said I'm on Dropbox 4.6.1.620 Windows and that the issue is intermittent.

At some point I moved my Dropbox from the default C:\users\rob\DropboxApps\1Password... to C:\users\rob\OneDrive\Dropbox\Apps\1Password....
    The old location shows in the Open 1Password Vault and I don't see a way to get rid of it. The directory & file no longer exist. This is the "Before" picture:

For grins I tried selecting the old vault from the vault selector and then the vault selector went away and I can't see the vault location from the extension. I can definitely see it from the Windows app, however, and it appears the extension is still using the vault in OneDrive. However, not being able to see the vault location from the extension seems odd and had me concerned for a few seconds until I checked the Windows app.

After picture with vault selector missing:

Going to assume this is the default behavior and keep an eye out to see removing the ghost vault location fixes the original shortcut issue.

Thanks!'
    Rob

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @robcoh,

Thanks for writing back, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes, it is an expected behavior. 1Password 4 doesn't check in real time if other vaults you've used in the past exists, so if you select the other vault, it'll remove it from its history of previously used vaults if it doesn't exist.

However, this should not be the cause of your shortcut issue. My suggestion only works if you were using 1Password 6, not 4.

Try opening the main 1Password 4 program and go to the Help menu > Restart 1Password Helper. This may repair the registry keys to allow the shortcuts to work.

• robcoh
    robcoh
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I think I've found the problem. It seems that there was a trailing / in the URL I had stored in the vault. When I start to type part of the URL in Chrome it is completed without the trailing /. Once I changed the vault entry all was good.

I may have others like this one and will just correct them as they come up.

Thanks!
    Robert

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robcoh: On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! I am glad to hear you've figured it out. :chuffed: Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.