gmaddry question

Options
gmaddry
gmaddry
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

TOTP doesn't show in search box. I use cntl+\ and there is no match. I then use search and find site. POPUP show userid and PW but not TOTP. At this point I don't need userid or PW as I have entered them, I need TOPT. I have to open 1PW to copy TOTP. Site I am logging in is Runbox. Is this the way it is suppose to work? Oh and 1PW doesn't recognize the Runbox login window.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: Chrome 4.6.4.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:TOTP doesn't show in search box with userid and password

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @gmaddry,

I removed your email address from the topic's title, so that spam harvesters won't grab it. Someone from Agilebits will address you post shortly.

• gmaddry
    gmaddry
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I didn't notice it was there. I will have to pay more attention.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

TOTP doesn't show in search box. I use cntl+\ and there is no match. I then use search and find site. POPUP show userid and PW but not TOTP. At this point I don't need userid or PW as I have entered them, I need TOPT. I have to open 1PW to copy TOTP. Site I am logging in is Runbox. Is this the way it is suppose to work? Oh and 1PW doesn't recognize the Runbox login window.

@gmaddry: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! While TOTP codes aren't meant to show up in a search, if you right-click the login item, it will show the "username", "password", and "one-time password" fields so you can click to copy any of these to the clipboard:

(Note that the name of the item I'm using there is "test TOTP" for demo purposes, so I've simply searched to find that item.)

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• gmaddry
    gmaddry
    Community Member
    Options

If the URL shows when I click on 1PW in Chrome toolbar then I see what you show. However if the URL is not there and I search for the URL I have two hits, one for mail login and one for forum. There is no right click on login. Attached is what I see. If the url shows when I click on 1PW in Chrome toolbar, I see the image you show with TOTP. Attached is what I see.
    !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gmaddry: Ah, thank you for explaining that! This is not obvious, but here's a trick that will help if you:

1. Open the 1Password menu in your browser (Ctrl Alt \, or click the button)
    2. Instead of clicking on the menu, just start typing to search
    3. 1Password will show results at the top of the menu, and you can right-click the login there to grab the TOTP code

Cheers! :)

• gmaddry
    gmaddry
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. That "is completely obvious to the most casual observer" :>)
    Thanks I do keep learning about 1PW.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gmaddry: On behalf of Brenty you are very welcome! I am glad to hear we were able to help. :) Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always ready to do that.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.