Password entry does not capture focus

Options

When I click on the 1password icon in Firefox, and I need to unlock my account using my password, the cursor in the 1password "Enter your password" input flashes indicating that it has focus. So I type my password -- often without paying attention -- and press enter to submit. Turns out, the 1password input never had focus, and I typed my password into a random website's username field and hit enter to submit. Since it was in the username field, it's likely stored in a server's logs. This has happened more than once, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Right now, I have to click the add-on and remember to also click the 1password password input before typing. Please automatically grab focus when I click the 1password icon in Firefox, so the next thing typed is into the 1password add-ons password input, or at minimum, do not flash the cursor when the add-on doesn't have focus.

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: Win 10 1703 (Creator Update)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@user999: Thanks for reaching out about this. I'm sorry for the trouble! 1Password does set focus when triggered, but it sounds like something else is causing it to return to the browser in some cases. We don't have control over the cursor, as that's handled by the OS (and frankly it should only show up in the foreground). Something similar happened to me once too, but I wasn't able to figure out why or get it to happen again. Can you tell me the Firefox version you're using, and what steps we should follow to reproduce the issue? For example, does this happen only clicking the button, or only at specific websites? We'll see if there's something we can do to prevent other windows from stealing focus. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.