To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Temporarily delete traces of 1password?

Options
rsekuler
rsekuler
Community Member

I want to temporarily delete all signs of 1password from two of my devices, while retaining it on others. Am I correct that there would be no obstacle, a few days later, to my reinstalling 1password on the two devices? Will all my vault information be preserved?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @rsekuler! Your vault(s) will need to be added back if you'll be removing all traces of 1Password, since they will be included with that. I'd recommend setting up a 1Password account so your data is stored somewhere safe, if you aren't already using one. Otherwise, be sure to sync your data somewhere before removing 1Password from those devices. Then you can uninstall 1Password, and when you want to set the devices up again, install the app and sync your data back. Hope this helps!

• rsekuler
    rsekuler
    Community Member
    Options

Jacob:

On Dropbox I have a file "1Password.agilekeychain" is that what I need to sync the data back after a temporary uninstall?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @rsekuler - You're correct! It sounds like you're using Dropbox already. Just make sure this is set up on all your devices. You can read a little more about syncing via Dropbox here - https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

Let us know if you have any further questions, we'll be happy to help out. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.