Windows version keeps asking to sign in / sign up

Hello, I normally use the mac version of your app, but occasionally I use the Windows version in my Parallels VM. Every time I start the Windows app (v6.5.401d), it asks me to sign in or to sign up for a 1password.com account. I'm using the standalone version. All of my vaults open and connect properly, it's just annoying that I have to press the "Back" button every time I launch the app on Windows. Any way to avoid this?

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello there @simonf,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! I am sorry for the confusion with it. Let me try to explain everything.

1Password 6 for Windows is focused on our subscription-based 1Password.com accounts and does not support local vaults at the moment. If you are planning to use a standalone license with a local vault, you should download 1Password 4 for Windows. Here is the direct download link on our website.

The manual syncing for local vaults in Dropbox in the previous versions were available specifically for migrating your local vaults into 1Password.com account without having to install the Dropbox client first. We've gotten rid of this because people thought this meant local vaults were supported but it wasn't. We're going to be a bit more aggressive to clarify that 1Password 6 should not be used full time with local vaults when it doesn't have all of the data such as attachments and doesn't support specific old formats.

I hope it helps. If you have any additional questions, we will be happy to help. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.