I have just taken the leap from 1Password 4 (with a Family account) and have found a number of things that are missing or less good than they used to be. Hopefully they can be added to the development backlog
1. There is no way to Move an item from one vault to another. I can copy, but not move, which is pretty tedious as I need to go back and delete the duplicate manually.
2. After deleting an item (Move to Trash), it forgets the context of where I was. For example, if I'm looking at just logins, it changes the view to All items and shows them from the very top. This makes it very tedious to do a lot of cleaning up.
3. Using Move to Trash shows a pop-up menu to confirm. I'd like to have an option to disable that.
4. (Even better, I'd love universal undo. Being able to undo edit/move/trash operations is a much smoother user experience than having to confirm. Occasionally, muscle memory makes me confirm, only to regret it seconds later... Yes, this would be a new feature
5. If I click on an item in Trash, there is no indication that it's actually in Trash - it still shows as in the vault (which I guess is true, just not the whole truth)
6. Searching is really, really slow. When typing into the search field, it performs an inefficient incremental search, and it feels like the app needs to complete each search before it shows the next letter and does a new search. On my powerful i7 4770K Windows 10 PC, it easily takes 1Password 6 two whole seconds to do a single-letter search of just 1,000 or so items.
7. There is no option to search just key fields like in 1P v4 - it always searches Everything. This probably contributes to it being very slow.
8. Clearing the search field to show all items also easily takes a second or two. Nearly an eternity.
9. When I look at a particular item that has a long URL, the URL is truncated and shows ... to indicate that it's not all shown. I would like to either word-wrap the URL, or have the full URL show up on mouse-over.
10. I miss the more compact view of 1Password v4, where I can see twice as many entries vertically, see key attributes at a glance, and see key things like password strength and modified date.
12. There used to be a Weak and a Duplicated Passwords view that I used to manage my passwords. Missing.
13. When I click New Item, I'd like it to default to the Category I currently have highlighted. If I show All items, of course show the drop-down, but if I'm trying to manage a particular category of items, repeated use of the long drop-down adds friction to the process of doing it.
14. The Categories/Tags view is very monochromatic. Could we get the more colourful (and therefore more easily distinguishable) icons back, please?
15. None of the icons for my software licences made it across, they all look the same. How do I get these back?
16. When adding a new login, please can I have the ability to use a default username? I use the same one (my email address) for 90% of all of my logins, after all.
17. When showing a password, please use a monotype serifed font like Courier. Showing the password in the same font as the rest of the UI makes the passwords hard to read, and it's impossible to distinguish between I and l, for example. The Large Type view helps, but perhaps that should be the default as there is less competition for screen space than on a phone.
The web client does allow me to move items between vaults and search is quite a bit faster, so I sometimes use that as a workaround. It's still not ideal as it does not do multi-select, for example.
Thanks for your time,
1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 v1607, build 14393.1066
Sync Type: Family acct