1Password reinstall wants me to pay again

Options
shhalley
shhalley
Community Member

1Password could not find Mini, so I deleted then re-download 1Password, but it wants me to pay again. What to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password could not find Mini, so I deleted then re-download 1Password, but it wants me to pay again. What to do?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @shhalley

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I wasn't able to find any accounts or license purchases under the email address you are using here on the forums. Did you perhaps purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store? If so you'll need to re-download from there, instead of from our website, using the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase originally.

Thanks!

Ben

• shhalley
    shhalley
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

The original email was [Removed by AgileBits]. I have had 1Password for several years. It is installed on my 2 desktops, my iPad, and my iPhone. I'm on vacation with my laptop which for some reason could not connect to Mini somethingorother.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @shhalley - Thank you for the additional details. Sorry, since this is a public forum I had to remove the information you posted here. I was able to locate the standalone license using the information you provided. Make sure you download 1Password from our website. I just sent you over a copy of your license information so you can validate the purchase using the license key. Let us know if you have any additional questions. We'll be happy to help out. :+1:

• shhalley
    shhalley
    Community Member
    Options

I don't whats going on, but before I re-downloaded 1 Password from AgileBits, I tried to trash the one (probably downloaded from Apple - but not sure) A message came up saying it could not trash the program because it was in use. I checked for any indication the program was open - found none. Then I shut down the computer, restarted, tried again to trash the program - same result. So, then I downloaded from AgileBits as requested. I also downloaded the license. Opened the program and it is still the read-only. What next?

• Frank
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi shhalley - I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. When you get a chance, reply back to me so we can continue the conversation. I look forward to hearing back from you :smile:

ref: JIT-47379-789

This discussion has been closed.