I get a "Backup Failed" error on my Mac

Options

Comments

• dpohl
    dpohl
    Community Member
    Options

I read through the post. I get the same message "Backup Failed: 1Password failed to create a backup: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain..." on my Macbook Pro. My iphone version works well.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dpohl,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting an error about backups in 1Password! I hope you don't mind, but I've split your post into a separate thread so we can focus on this specific issue.

For that particular error message, it might help to restart 1Password mini. Open the main 1Password app and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. After doing that, unlock 1Password and go to File > Backup. Do you get the error message again, or does it work this time?

• dpohl
    dpohl
    Community Member
    Options

Well this is somewhat embarrasing. In the process of trying to fix the problem, I changed the master password a few times and now I cannot remember the correct one and cannot unlock 1Password on the Mac. I can still use it on the phone with Touch ID. Any suggestions?

• dpohl
    dpohl
    Community Member
    Options

Now that is really strange. After I tried my usual master password about 10 times and it failed, I closed 1Password, then opened it, a message said there was information in Dropbox waiting for me, I put in my usual master password and it worked. And backup is working as well. Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dpohl,

Well, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I'm very happy to hear backups and your master password are working again! Thanks for following up to let us know. It sounds like you're all set now, but if you need more help or have questions, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.