Feature Request: Randomize word separator selection

Options
diego898
diego898
Community Member

For the "Words" option in the password generator, I think it would be great if it allowed you to randomize the word separators per password generated, as in each time I generate a new word password I can have it randomly select between the separators.

If someone sees/access one password that has underscores, I dont necessarily want them to know then that all my passwords use underscores as separators. It would be good to not have to do this manually every time.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@diego898: To be clear, knowing that some characters in an otherwise unknown, random, multi-word password are a hyphen won't prove particularly helpful with regard to brute forcing it. If you think about it, the hyphens, even if known, will be randomly positioned (due to the random selection of words of a variety of lengths) within the string. So it won't even tell us, for example, that the 5th character of a 30 character password is a hyphen. We just can't know.

However, we do want to add a bit more flexibility to the password generator to help with various use cases, so this is something we'll keep in mind as we develop future versions. Thanks for letting us know! :)

• diego898
    diego898
    Community Member
    Options

I see your point, but when it comes to the size of possible passwords, it being 1 of 5 possible separators is better than 1 of 1!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks again for the feedback, we appreciate it! Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.