Feature Request: 1PW MAS Touch ID & Manual Entry of Master PW

Options
pbGuy
pbGuy
Community Member

Situation: using a MBP 15 Touch Bar, mostly with closed-lid, along a BT keyboard and BT trackpad.

With Touch ID activated in 1PW MAS Security Pref and when 1PW MAS initially opened, I receive the pop-up (as expected with MBP lid closed) that "1PW Mini is trying to open 1PW" with click-options for manual entry of Master Password (MPW) or Cancel. When the keyboard's Return key is pressed, (I do see) the pop-up is dispatched; however, one must click inside the password entry-area to enter MPW.

My request: Default the 1PW mini pop-up to the "Manually Enter Master Password" (MEMPW) button (with it being highlighted, in blue, as the main, active button). Since the MEMPW button is the default and after pressing keyboard's Return key, please pre-position the cursor inside the password entry-area, making immediate manual entry possible.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pbGuy,

Thanks for taking the time to ask us about this! We just released an update yesterday (version 6.7) which addresses this, so 1Password will place the cursor/focus in the master password field.

If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, you can install the update now by opening the main 1Password app and going to 1Password > Check for Updates in the menu bar.

If you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, the 6.7 update is not yet available, but we've submitted it to Apple and hopefully it will be approved soon.

If you have any questions about that or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the advisory. I'm using the MAS version; so, I look forward to v6.7.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    Options

v6.7 MAS... Now, that's what I'm talk'n about!

• rudy
    Options

@pbGuy,

Is that what you were looking for out of the prompt?

Rudy

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! I'm glad that's what you were looking for. We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I'm now using High Sierra (10.13 currently, 1P MAS 6.8.2, 1PW Mini 4.6.11. Sync - iCloud). My 1PW MAS (and 1PW iOS 6.9) working well (as they did immediately before latest updates to macOS & iOS 11.0.1 (iPhone 7 & iPad Air 2).

For this added follow-up, I'm making reference to using my MacBook Pro 15 i7 (early 2017) with closed-lid.

Since installing 10.13 (and when using MBP in closed-lid) , I've noticed a visual change to how 1PW Mini appears when I initiate a Cmd-/ at a web site login... The 1PW Mini window opens with the cursor inside the Master PW entry; but, I no longer see the note (underneath the PW entry) that was there after 1PW MAS 6.7 was introduced.

Is this a change or possible error?

As I plan to purchase an iPhone X, I'm curious about how 1PW iOS will be activated in relation to FaceID. ...Thanks.

• rudy
    Options

@pbGuy,

Its certainly possible that something could have changed in 10.13, I will make an effort to boot off an external drive later to see if i'm able to replicate this behavior with the in-development version of 1Password.

As to your question about Face ID, 1Password will react to it the same way Touch ID currently behaves. The interface presented to us under the hood is identical.

Rudy

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    Options

I take it I should still be seeing the (1PW Mini) Note (as well as the TouchID fingerprint icon) under the Master PW entry space. Correct? ...If so, I'm definitely not, and this visual change occurred after I upgraded to 10.13. (BTW, my MBP has an SSD; so, my upgrade converted my local volume to APFS, which has been fine.)

• I believe that that's what Rudy is saying, yes.

Rick

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    Options

I should have previously added (but escaped my mind as I mostly see the 1PW Mini) that the same visual issue takes place when I open 1PW MAS desktop; meaning, I don't see the note & TouchID icon below the Master PW entry window.

(I do have TouchID active on my MBP; but again, I'm using in closed-lid manner. Also, as I have an Watch, TouchID is set to auto-open my MBP when I'm wearing the watch.)

• @pbGuy: thanks for the additional information.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.