Combine family with team

Options

I've got a team account from work and would now like to give family members 1Password with a family subscription. Can these two be combined / linked so that I can be part of the family subscription with my team subscription with only one account? If not (which would be a pity), how would I go about switching accounts between team and family easily?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @msteinmann! Welcome to the forums :chuffed:

Each 1Password subscription account is separate, so it's not possible to "combine" them directly. However, the 1Password apps allow you to sign into multiple accounts at the same time. Combine that with our vault switcher (which allows you to switch between which vault's contents are being displayed), and our "All Vaults" view (which "virtually" combines the contents of multiple vaults together), being a member of multiple accounts is very straightforward. In fact, I do this myself - I have my own individual subscription account for my personal stuff, and I'm a member of a Teams account for my work stuff too.

You can read more about the vault switcher and the "All Vaults" view here: https://support.1password.com/all-vaults/

I hope that helps! :+1:

• msteinmann
    msteinmann
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that helps. I hadn't seen the "Add Account" menu under Preferences. Thanks

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to help @msteinmann! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.