"Show in Finder" functionality no longer works

Options
dscott
dscott
Community Member

Recently I've noticed the "Show in Finder" functionality for files stored via 1Password for Mac seems to have stopped working. The action has no effect, and when I look in Console.app there's a message from the 1Password process:

Unable to find object to handle service <_NSServiceEntry - 0x60000017eb40: bundleIdentifier: com.apple.finder bundlePath: /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app executablePath: (null) defaultTitle: Finder/Reveal localizedTitleWithoutSubstitutions: Finder/Reveal in Finder defaultKeyboardShortcut: <NSKeyboardShortcut: 0x61800043c4a0 ()> keyboardShortcut: <NSKeyboardShortcut: 0x61800043c4a0 ()> message: reveal portName: Finder sendPasteboardTypes: [public.utf8-plain-text, dyn.agu8y6y4grf0gn5xbrzw1gydcr7u1e3cytf2gn, public.url, com.apple.cocoa.pasteboard.multiple-text-selection] returnTypes: [(null)] userData: (null) languages: [(null)] required context: ( "<_NSServiceFilter: 0x6000002b2720 contents: File Path>" )>

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dscott,

That's very strange, I'm not sure why that isn't working for you. If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, you can try installing the latest update for version 6.7 to see if that makes any difference (if you're using the Mac App Store version, we've submitted 6.7 to Apple and are hoping it's approved soon).

You can also try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. If the same problem happens after that, try rebooting your Mac.

If that doesn't help, can you please let us know some more details about your setup and the problem:

• Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password? (If you're not sure, open the app and go to 1Password > About 1Password.)
    • Are you using a 1Password.com account? If not, do you use one of the other sync options in 1Password (Dropbox, iCloud, WLAN Server)?
    • Is this a problem for all attachments/Document items, or just one/some?
    • Are you still able to open those files directly from 1Password? (If not, what happens when you try?)
    • Do you use 1Password on another Mac? If so, does the "Show in Finder" option work in 1Password on that Mac?
    • If you add a new file and try to use "Show in Finder", does it work?
    • When did the problem seem to start? Was it after any sort of update?

Thanks in advance! :)

• dscott
    dscott
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Drew_AG, it looks like this was resolved by restarting my computer (though restarting 1Password didn't seem to do it). Not sure how it got into that state but it seems resolved now. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's good news @dscott! I'm glad a restart took care of the problem. It's possible it could have been a glitch in the OS instead of in 1Password, which might explain why just restarting 1Password mini didn't help.

Hopefully you're all set now, but we're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.