Windows 1P 6.5.4

Options

Recently installed latest 1Password for Windows. Asked me to sign in with my 1Password for Families account. Cannot find any way to have it access my Dropbox vault. I have both. On my Mac and other devices, I can sign in with my Dropbox vault's password and access all of my vaults, having associated my for Families account with it.

So now on Windows, I'm successfully signed in and seeing my 1Password for Families vaults. How do I 1) see my Dropbox vault, and 2) use the password for my Dropbox vault as my main 1Password unlock password on the Windows version?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1607
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RonHeiby: To be clear, while 1Password 6 can read data from a local vault, it cannot write to it (and therefore sync). You can add the Dropbox vault, but it will need to be done from a local folder, and keep in mind this is really for import purposes. That said,

How do I 1) see my Dropbox vault,

Once you've signed into your 1Password.com account, you can use Settings > Accounts & Vaults > Folder > Open Vault to add it.

and 2) use the password for my Dropbox vault as my main 1Password unlock password on the Windows version?

That isn't possible, as 1Password will use the first account's Master Password for unlocking. You can, however, change your 1Password.com Master Password to match what you're using for the Dropbox vault. Especially if that's stronger, that will be the best way forward. Or better yet, make it even better! A single long, strong, unique Master Password can be both more secure and easier to remember than multiple weaker ones. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.