1Password for iOS and Pen Input?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2017 in iOS

I'm wondering, as I am looking at purchasing a new iPad, whether 1Password will support the Apple Pencil? It would be nice if the App could support it and do away with finger pecking? I was never proficient with keyboards anyway.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Here is a link to an old and now closed discussion I started in 2015. Has there been any progress since then?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/44630/alternative-text-input-handwriting-to-text

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: As far as I'm aware, iOS does not have built-in support for handwriting recognition. You can simply use the Apple Pencil to "draw" words in apps like Notes and image creation tools. We don't have any plans to add Apple Pencil-specific functionality to 1Password (not sure where it would even be appropriate), but it may be something we can consider in the future. You can use the Apple Pencil with any app instead of your finger for input, but I'm sure you know that and it doesn't sound like that's what you were asking anyway. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Brenty. I will have to wait longer then.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I believe there are other apps which have built-in handwriting recognition, so while that isn't 1Password's focus you might find one of those to be useful. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

If you have never heard of Duet display, the App turns your iPad into a second monitor for Mac and Windows. Plus pen support, if the iPad supports it.

https://duetdisplay.com/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Yeah! I use that occasionally. Great app! :)

This discussion has been closed.