Extensions get error message

Options
Harry1844
Harry1844
Community Member

I'm new. I downloaded ("successfully installed"), uninstalled, and installed the extensions. I get the same message on all devices (Mac with Safari and Firefox, iPad with Safari, Android with Chrome.) Basicall two windows come up:
1. "Looking for 1PW" Couldn't connect to 1PW.
2. This link needs to be opened with app. Send to: Choose app => select Choose => list of app in my Mac ???. Another choice is Open Link. When I click it, all disappears.
3. Do you need pictures of these messages? If so, what's the easiest way to attach them?

1Password Version: ?
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017
    Options

@Harry1844: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may just need to install the 1Password app on your Mac. The browser extension cannot function without this:

1Password downloads

If you're still having trouble though, do you perhaps have "security" software or other extensions which may be interfering? If something is preventing 1Password from talking to the extension, it won't work.

It also isn't possible to install extensions in the web browsers on your mobile devices. However, you can use the 1Password keyboard on Android to fill logins. And we offer a 1Password extension for iOS. It isn't something we can build into other apps ourselves; their developers will need to add support for it. Otherwise it is necessary to copy and paste. But it is alreadyavailable in Safari and Chrome and many other apps.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.